Saturday 25 January 2014

I'm no doormat |


I've seemed to hold onto a belief for the last few years that people change and learn in time, from their mistakes, prejudices, arrogance and consequential behaviors/habits/etc.But I think I've come to realize that some people never change, no matter how much time passes or how much they age. They can go through all the motions, heartbreak and shit they put others and themselves through but it may never sink in deep enough to have any real cause and effect.

I've also realized that I need to keep reminding myself that, and not give people the benefit of the doubt just because they tell me through words and never put them into actions. Maybe some people deserve a second chance, but maybe others don't and I have to know where to draw the line.

More importantly, I have to trust my gut instincts and intuition because I've found 90% of the time what my heart tells me is usually right and when I go against it, I don't like the consequences, however large or small they may be.

Songs on repeat:
> Femme Fatale - Sky Ferriera
> Run This Town - Jay Z ft. Rihanna
> Boyfriend - Ashlee Simpson
> A line allows progress, a circle does not - Bright Eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment